Monday, October 13, 2008

It's going around

It's going around. First Lydia had it and now EG has a full blown case of it. It's only been a week or so since she started showing symptoms and it seems to be getting worse. Don't worry-it's not a very serious sickness, it's just the LOVE BUG and Emma Grace has it bad...for one person...her Momma!

She will not let me leave her side! Out of no where she has decided that I'm not only her favorite friend, but also her only friend! She won't even play outside with Xiao Li, which tells you something. Aside from Andy and me, Xiao Li is her favorite playmate right now and playing outside is her favorite past time! What's a mom to do? Stick it out I guess and keep encouraging her to have other friends besides me! I am sure one day I will be missing these days where she cried when I left her sight. But for now, I am just hoping she gets over this Love Bug before our 3 day anniversary trip to the beach in just about a month!

We had a fun weekend. Xiao Li and I took EG to KFC on Friday evening for some dinner and a quick trip to Walmart to stock up on some special new toys for our long flight back to America. Thing is, Emma Grace doesn't really like fast food. We've finally gotten her to eat a cheeseburger at McDonald's but she'll have no part of what KFC is offering. This is normally a good problem to have but not for us, not here. Living in China where our western food options are few, we eat at these two restaurants more than I'd like to admit. We never eat at either of these in America but something weird happens when we land in China-they both sound very good to us all of the sudden! Anyway, we're gonna keep working on Emma Grace.

What she does enjoy is Xiao Li's cooking! We went to their house this weekend for dinner and she ate lots! Here are a few pictures.Xiao Li cooking my favotire potato dish...

By the way, she made sweet tea and a carrot cake that was better than any carrot cake I've ever made. How does it feel to have a Chinese person cook American food better than me? Humbling.

On Sunday we went to the Shickleys for the afternoon. While the kids slept, we watched a football game they had downloaded from Itunes! Andy thoroughly enjoyed it! After a fun weekend we are playing it low key around here and starting to get things together for our trip to America. I can't believe it's three weeks from today! I made a pumpkin pie today and am planning to make some pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing later this week. My goal for these next 3 weeks is to eat as much stuff from our freezer as possible and right now we have a lot of pureed pumpkin in there. Well that's all for now. Hope you are having a great Monday. I am heading to bed...it's 8:19 pm. May read til the clock strikes 9, if I can make it that long!

1 comment:

Mammanett said...

Puppies, kids and our heavenly father- unconditional love - it does not get better than that. Enjoy EA - one day EG will have another best friend.... and that's ok too, because that is the way it is supposed to be. We will be very gentle with our approach to EG - it may take her some time to get used to all the strange people around here....oops, I mean strangers around here. Sweet dreams!
Mom