Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our Last Week

Our Last Week has been a mad dash to the finish line! I've been really thankful for the sweet fun times we've had with friends these past few weeks. I'm also really thankful the packing up part is over. Wow. That was a lot of work. Here are a few pictures of our last week! Saying goodbye to friends

Andy took some amazing photos of the University where he taught English!

The sky was just amazing that day!


We had an insanely fun time playing putt putt golf with Matt and Laura and some local friends. This place felt so much like Myrtle Beach! I managed to only beat a couple of our local friends, who had never even heard of mini golf until we took them to play!


I spent a good bit of time using my golf club as a pool stick,

trying to get my ball out of weird places.



Andy won the first course and was crowned King of Mini Golf!







One last meal at McDonald's with every other foreigner we know!


We've said many goodbyes. Wang Shu Shu, one of our favorite drivers.

Si Ran and her parents


We attended a Fancy Nancy Party for Kayleigh's fourth birthday.
Cuteness abounded.

At the party Xiao Li met the family she will be working for after we leave. I am so thankful for them and so glad God is providing for both them and for our sweet Xiao Li. Saying goodbye to them was the hardest. Lots of tears.

We spent about 3 full days of the past week packing up everything we own, selling/giving it to our friends and then sleeping on a mattress on the floor one last night. The walls are all repainted white, in Chinese fashion. We took the kids back to see it and say goodbye. They actually loved running around the empty apartment!


We of course had to holler out the window at Milky G one last time!

One last photo with Milk G and Ye Ye.Goodbye with sweet Julianna.
This is how EG and Zhu Zhu feel about saying goodbye.


After a moment of sadness, silliness ensued.

Jack saying goodbye to the La Jiao (hot peppers). He is the biggest Chinese food eater in our family! He's going to have a tough adjustment to western food.
We're getting on a plane in just a few hours for almost 2 days of travel!




























4 comments:

Mammanett said...

What wonderful memories!! Hurry home! Lots of hugs and kisses waiting for you!

kacki said...

We are counting the days til you are here! And are definitely praying for your travel time!Love you!

JJ said...

Absolutely love the pic of the 4 of you on the floor of your apartment. I almost cry thinking about ya'll leaving as I can't imagine the emotions after 7 years. I hope we can keep up with each other in the states!! Praying for your travels and transition!

Paul said...

great photos and post - thanks- welcome back to the US of A and hope transition is smooth and easy peasy