Friday, February 25, 2011

our last few weeks

Here are a few highlights from our past few weeks:

Jack broke his collar bone jumping off a bench. He is a W I L D man and is always looking for the highest point to jump from. Thankfully he is almost fully healed-children's bodies heal amazingly quickly.

Jack loves to be "naked." (it rhymes with baked and he runs around the house saying "I'm naked" all the time!)

We just bought a house-well, almost. haven't closed yet, but if inspection goes well (that's tonight!) we'll close in April. We love the backyard of this house. lots of trees. When Emma Grace first walked into the backyard of this house she asked, "Is this a forest?"

Emma Grace is developing in her theology. A few weeks ago I told her I was going over to Erin's to teach her how to teach her how to use coupons. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: EG, I'm leaving now. Dad will be here with you. I'll see you in the morning.

EG: Where are you going?

Me: I'm going over to Ms. Erin's to teach her how to use coupons.

EG: She knows mom.

Me: No she doesn't know, I have to go teach her.

EG. No, mom, she knows.

Me: No babe she doesn't know. That's why I have to go teach her.

EG: Oh, well does she know about Jesus?

ME: Yes, she knows about Jesus. She just doesn't know how to coupon.

EG: Oh. Ok mom.

I guess in order to get to the second level of heaven you have to be able to coupon. Don't worry, Erin and I are well on our way! We've finally gotten in the groove of using coupons and it's truly amazing what you can save. just a 3 hour investment of your time and you can save over 100 dollars each week on your grocery bill! I sound like an infomercial. It's like playing a game really. I think that's why I like it.

Hopefully that 100 savings a week will help us get some of the trees in our forest trimmed. it's kind of overgrown at this point.

4 comments:

Susan said...

EA, i love your positive attitude! I'll pray for the inspection.

kacki said...

Can't wait to see the "naked boy", the little girl that loves Jesus and the new forest!

Mammanett said...

Woo hoo! Welcome to the joys of home ownership! The kids are going to love that yard & so are you!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

Good luck with your house! I'm glad Jack is healing quickly. And so blessed that EG is concerned that people know Jesus. She reminds me a lot of her mama.