The next month of our lives will be full of work on our new home. Andy has been busy ripping out carpet, patching holes, and painting. Our neighbor has been removing the popcorn from the ceilings (goodbye 1970) and we've started to trim some of the trees that were way overgrown in the yard. Tonight Andy is over there with a friend who we met in China, Aubrey. He and his wife met there and they moved to our city here and attend our church. It's been neat to have a China connection so close by! Andy and Aubrey are taking out the tile in the kitchen and entryway. We decided that the carpeting in the first floor needed to go since we are really hard on carpet, especially in the dining area! So we are taking up the tile as well and putting in hardwood flooring all through the first floor.
The picture above is taken from the back doors that lead out to a patio area. The kitchen is off to the right. The living room area is where the red padding is. The dining area is in the front part of house to the left of Andy. There's a bedroom and bathroom off of the living room area and 3 bedrooms and a bath upstairs. It's really open and simple, which I like.
As my Rossi always says, "If I can just see where you sleep, I feel better." So this post is for those of you who like to visualize where people are living! I'll get a picture of our bedroom up for my Rossi eventually.
5 comments:
Looks like there's some progress going on in there! I can't wait for more photos!
with tears in my eyes.... So grateful for this home for you, so sad that it is so far from me.
I can't wait to see what God does in you, through you, with you in this home.
much love dear friend
Can't wait to see your new home!
Are ya'll staying in FL? Will you be in CO?
EG said her room will be "chartreuse" and Jack's will be orange! Sounds like some fun will be had in those colorful rooms!! I can't wait to get down there to enjoy the fun of this transformation!!
Post a Comment