Friday, September 9, 2011

Labor Day Fun

This weekend we enjoyed a HOT Labor Day celebration. I was remembering last year's celebration with Tim and Kathi in North Myrtle and how I sat out early in the morning and got my first taste of fall. No tastes of fall here-we're still smack dab in the middle of summer. We went to the beach with a group of Chinese Scholars who just arrived in the US! So fun!
Emma Grace caught a big fish! We had "shao kao" ( lots and lots of grilled meat!) It was yummy.



Jack enjoying his Labor Day treat, a Sprite!



I guess I should've communicated that we usually wear swimsuits at the beach. Most of our freinds didn't have/didn't bring theirs. We'll work on proper attire next time! We still had lots of fun.









Ray and Denise's first time to see the Ocean!

Since we didn't have the right beach attire, we decided to just take a cruise. HEHE. We can dream! Jack espcially loved seeing all the cruise ships coming in and out!

2 comments:

laura said...

love the pics and the beach fun. it is finally cooling off here, which helps me feel a lot better (yay!).

jack in the lawn chair with a sprite is such a precious labor day weekend photo! My kids go bananas over sprites too :) esp at fancy chinese restaurants where we're in a big group eating fancy food and I'm worried they are going to break one of the 13 ceramic dishes within arms' length :)

Mammanett said...

What fun!! Love the pics.