Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snow Days


When we put our swimsuits away and headed north, our children had HIGH expectations for a winter wonderland. Last year at Christmas, it starting snowing the hour we arrived in North Carolina. I felt like I was in a movie. It was perfect. Emma Grace built her first snowman within hours of arriving and the snowy fun continued into the next few weeks. While in West Virginia, the kids did lots of sledding and their snow suits really got good use.

I really like Florida weather for the most part. The summer is HOT, for sure, but to me it's a fair trade for all the glorious days between October and May. I love being able to spend so much time outside from fall through spring. We even ate our Christmas meals on our patio, which was strange for sure, but nice. But a little dose of winter weather seems to do us all good. So this year, as we headed to West Virginia, we all had hopes of a repeat of last year! It hasn't been nearly as snowy this time around, but thankfully, we've had a few days of snow. Yes Emma Grace is wearing a skirt and tights in the snow. I made her wear a snowsuit earlier in the morning when they were sledding but didn't have it in me to fight her on it in the afternoon. Come rain or shine, or snow for that matter, that girl loves to be fancy. Thankful for a little dose of winter though I'm pretty sure we'll be glad to get back to 70 degrees soon!