Tuesday, January 31, 2012

There's A Lot to Love

about the little town we live in...and we're really just starting to discover all the fun and unique treasures our town offers!


Emma Grace slowly and carefully inspected each berry to make sure it was perfectly ripe. Her berries were as beautiful, deep red, and sugary sweet. What Jack's berries lacked in quality, he made up for in quantity. I am pretty sure he could win a record for fastest strawberry picker. He loaded up about 8 lbs in the time EG picked her perfect pound. She could have picked for hours, but unfortunately, Jack filled up our ten lb box in less than an hour! Emma Grace will be wonderful at any job that requires precision and accuracy. Jack, on the other hand, will be good at anything that requires speed. I think he takes after his mom in his lack of attention to detail. Oh well. We can't be good at everything, right Jack?!

We've been enjoying gobs of Angel Food Cake covered in fresh berries!

5 comments:

Kim Tapp said...

Jealous! Fresh strawberries in January? Nice!

Mammanett said...

AND, I might add that Emma Grace is the best dressed, fanciest berry picker I have ever seen!!

Mammanett said...

Pappa Dan said to freeze some of those strawberries for his next visit.

Andy and Sheryl said...

This looks like so much fun! And I love how your kiddos are so different, each with their own strengths. Mmmmm. Making me want some berries!

Anonymous said...

Would love a piece of cake with these beautiful strawberries! Good job, Emma and Jack!