Sunday, February 26, 2012

17 Weeks and Counting!

This picture is actually a throw back from when we were pregnant with Emma Grace. I found it looking through some old pictures and decided it was a fun way to announce that we're having our third!!!
We don't look as thin or as young and our walls aren't green anymore (I miss those) but my belly is about the same size. (I know I'm not as thin because I can't fit into that maternity shirt nor many others that I wore in previous pregnancies. Sad...that was my favorite maternity shirt!)

We're due August 3rd with a little boy. Jack is thrilled about having a roommate. He's a tad confused about when the baby will get here. He actually thought he was coming last week when I went to the doctor and he even got out a baby toy for me to take with me. Emma Grace seems genuinely excited and has been doing lots of practicing, caring for her babies. I have no doubt she will be a great helper. I'm pretty much over the sickness but I'm still going to bed as early as 7:30 some nights from sheer exhaustion.

The more my belly grows and the reality of adding another child to our family sets in, the more I am amazed at God's creative work. I look at Emma Grace and Jack and think about how unique and wonderful each of them is and I get excited wondering who God has made this new little one to be. God's creation is marvelous really.

Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs on the planet, I am convinced. So anticipating this third child feels very different than the first. I am much more aware of how hard it is to daily lay down my life for the needs of others. And I am aware and thankful for the ways my children continually push me to dependence on Christ-for strength, for forgiveness, for wisdom, for patience, for all the bazillion things that motherhood requires and that I lack in myself. This new child, like my others will bring me much joy, I am sure. And like my others, he will push me to deeper levels of seeing my own weakness and seeing the sufficiency of my Savior. Oh sweet child of mine, I can't wait to meet you!!!

9 comments:

Mammanett said...

PappaDan and MammaNette are excited to meet you too!

Kim Tapp said...

Aw yay! I'm due August 4th with our second! We'll find out boy or girl next week.

Unknown said...

Baby #3! Wow! Excited for you! Three kids is hard because you are out numbered even with hubby around. I know you'll do great!

Stasha said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Angie said...

Yay for Baby #3! Get your rest and eat lots of protein so you won't be tired! :)
Love you all!

Andy and Sheryl said...

Can't wait to meet Baby Huffy! You're a great momma - this little one will be blessed!

Danielle said...

Yay! This is such great news! Congrats you guys!

April said...

Congratulations!! SO fun!

Kayla Rupp said...

Just stopped by your blog and saw THIS! Really big congratulations to you and yours, EA. I sure miss you.

Love,
Kayla