Thursday, March 1, 2012

The day it all changed


On this day back in December, when Jack wore a crown and drank a whole can of Sierra Mist to ring in his third birthday, I am pretty sure something significant happened. I didn't know it at the time but my guess is any other mom who has raised a three year old boy knew about it. Why didn't they tell me? I guess they figured some things are best left untold.

It's as if the testosterone was unleashed and what we have here is a real WILD child, emphasis on WILD. This boy is pretty much unstoppable and if we make it to his fourth birthday with no major injuries it will be a miracle. Unfortunately the common sense level doesn't match the mischievous energy level this boy now has. So we've had quite a few almost-disasters. The most recent of which involved the flooding of our upstairs bathroom. Andy informed me that not only was water streaming down through our first floor bathroom light, it was also quite soapy. Not good. There's climbing and wrestling and scars and lots of sneaking for candy going on around here. It really makes we wonder how out of control things are about to get with another boy on the way.

Thankfully for this momma of a wild child, he stole my heart long ago. I personally love the combination of a rough and tumble little man who also picks flowers and tells me I look like a princess. I've said it to him many times, and now he says it to me, "Mom, I'm going to be a good husband one day!" I agree Jack. Our biggest task now is just keeping you alive til' your wedding day!

5 comments:

Mammanett said...

Buckle your seatbelt!! The ride is only beginning. :)

Andy and Sheryl said...

I LOVE this post!

Angie said...

I forgot to tell you the other day when you said you met the 60 year old version of me.....I met the younger, smaller version of Jack at church 2 weeks ago. He was doing a "science" experiment with the cups of water the other kids left on the table from snack time. He had that "I'm a sweet, sweet kid that's looking for the next big adventure" look in his eye! So Jack! Just be sure that kid gets enough protein...he's going to need it! :)

kacki said...

That little guy has stolen my heart!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

He is SO ADORABLE! Wish I could bring Emmanuel and Reese over to play with him--your house would be destroyed afterwards, but we'd have lots of great pictures! Love you. And, I love that little Jack, too.