Saturday, June 16, 2012

This needs a picture

But I don't have one yet.  I am referring to EG's new cast. 

Emma Grace was scooting all over the place on her bottom and really adjusting well to her disability.  Then on Wednesday Andy took her to the Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon for her follow-up and it was all good news!  The wound is healing well.  They don't think she'll need any physical therapy and best of all-they re-casted her foot.... and the new cast????  Well...fabulous!!!  First of all, it's hot pink.  SO HER.  And she can walk on it!  No more scooting around on her bottom mopping my floor.  (she actually got a rag and put it under her bottom one day and told me she was mopping!!)  And the icing on the cast....  She can swim in it.  Yep.  Swim in it.  I couldn't believe it myself, but we tried it out today and it's still hard as a rock and I think all the water has magically drained out.  Who knew they make swim casts?!!

The only bummer about the new cast is that it's not split like the first one was.  So we can't  take it off to scratch when needed.  I found myself up at 3:30 am using a chop stick to scratch her leg.  Poor thing.

But overall, this is a big improvement!  It looks like our summer is mostly back on track after our small/medium? detour.  We splurged for the season pass to the pool today since it looks like swimming is back in our life!!!  So grateful.  

5 comments:

Kevin and Brooke said...

Yes!!! loving this, when can we go together?? Mon/Tue?

Andy and Sheryl said...

Pink and swimming? This might be the best summer of her life :) SO happy she's doing better and that it's not slowing y'all down anymore. Come on summer! Love you!

Sara and Wade said...

Oh wow! Just read the past 2 posts and I'm so sorry. We will be praying for EG and y'all and that God will bless you greatly this summer with your new plans!:)

Mammanette said...

Swim cast. Amazing!! So happy for the Huffman's to be moving in the right direction again. :)

gmawchick said...

Love the pink cast, EG! Now you can go swimming. Love you!