Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Gallon of Milk

I've been feeling READY to have this baby.  Well, I mean physically ready.  I can't say that my house or our baby stuff has been prepared but every night I go to bed praying, "Oh Lord, let him come tonight!"  It's been getting harder to wait as my little man is taking up every extra inch of space in my belly and then some!  But this week I was at the grocery store and the Lord put the waiting in perspective for me. 

I pulled out a gallon of 2% milk.  (And I could write a whole post on why I love American milk-you don't know how good it is until you try to drink dairy in non-dairy drinking countries like China)  Anyway, back to my ridiculously priced American milk...I pulled it out and noticed the date on it...August 8th.  It hit me that BY THE TIME THIS MILK EXPIRES I WILL MOST LIKELY BE HOLDING MY LITTLE MAN!!!  And how fast that seems to me.  I mean, a gallon of milk expires in NO TIME.  Somehow that comforted me...I'm pretty sure his rent contract will expire before my milk does...so the waiting now seems more doable! 

Actually last night I was up for a couple hours with contractions and was thinking we were making progress.  Emma Grace got up and was too excited to go back to bed, so she joined the festivities.  We washed our first load of baby clothes.  Yep, I waited til I thought I was in labor to do that.  AWESOME EA.  We packed bags.  We cleaned the house and we prayed.  I was actually really grateful to have her up with us.  It was fun to include her on what we thought would be an eventful night.  I remember Andy and I having a really good time of prayer right before I went into labor with Jack, so I thought it was neat to have EG join in with us this time...we had a good time but by 5 am the contractions had stopped and we headed back to bed. 

When I woke up this morning at 7:30 I was delighted to find that a cleaning fairy had visited my house last night and cleaned my whole house and gotten my stuff ready for the hospital! It was nice to wake up to a clean house for once.  Wish she could come more often.  

Now we really are ready...just need to drink a few more glasses of milk and get this show on the road! 

2 comments:

laura said...

cannot WAIT!!!! praying and praying for all of you.

Kim Tapp said...

Not long for either of us! I'm right there with you ("ready" but not ready)... except I've had zero contractions :(.