| EG and Jack are getting really excited to meet J, especially as we've been pulling out baby stuff. They've been using Peanut as the stand-in til J arrives! |
Anyway, he hasn't come yet which will be the best hour of our summer, but we DID just had the SECOND best hour of our summer yesterday! Within the same hour Emma Grace got her cast off AND we got a new AC unit! If not for the heat in our house, I would have been the one manning the installation of the AC unit but instead I took EG to the air conditioned doctor's office. I don't do well with bones and scars and such. AC units are more "my thing." But she and I both survived and I was able to look at her foot with only a little trepidation.
The good news...Our house is back down in the 70's and Grapes has movement in her toes (and a pretty mean scar)!!!! She has a brace/boot that she can wear as she adjusts to walking again, but we took it off today to let her try walking without it and she's doing well. Her little leg is TINY and one of her toes looks curled to me...but the doctor thinks it's OK. This Momma Bear will be keeping a close eye on that toe. We just had our post-cast Mani Pedi to celebrate being able to see and use all 20 digits!
She's currently walking around the house in one pink flip flop and one aqua one. Guess she felt like wearing mix matched today was a good transition step to getting back to the whole "pair of shoes" thing.
We are so thankful that's she OK and also so glad to be back in our house!
| I think he's happy to be home and see his stuff again! Jack spent an hour in his room creating this... |
| You can tell this kid spent some time in China. Check out the traffic jam he created...only in China! |
5 comments:
Yay for no casts and lots of AC!!! So glad to hear the good news! Can't wait to see pics of the littlest Huffman when he arrives! Love you all, Angie
So happy for all this good news!!!
These photos are awesome!! The one of Jack with the "creation" is perfect! You are truly a woman of many talents. yeah for ac. Can't wait to meet little J.
Love you all. See you soon!
Bunches of blessings! EG is so happy to be "free" and back home. Jack, great job!! Look of contentment, enjoying being home and with his "stuff". EA and Andy - stop and take a deep breath...awww. God is good. Love this "cool" family!
I am waaaay behind in catching up! BUT having Ellie and being at the hospital was seriously a vacay! Spence was there while I labored and for a while after I delivered. He brought the boys to visit the next day and then the next one we came home. I had a few visitors, but it wasn't overwhelming. IT.WAS.AWESOME! I watched the whole first season of Friday Night Lights, I took naps, I talked on the phone, oh and I snuggled with a sweet bitty one with out havnig to discipline anyone for 48 hours! I sometimes wonder if I can go back and just hang out for a couple days when I feel like I need a break. Good luck and can't wait to hear when he gets here!
Post a Comment