For the last few months, I've stunk at parenting. There are seasons when I am motivated to engage with my kids and I enjoy them and I have a vision for their little hearts but there are moments where I really fail at all of that...when I chose to stare at my computer rather than help them put together puzzles. And if you string a lot of those moments together, you get a few months...and that's where I have been...just pretty blah and negative about my very very important job. I am thankful for grace and thankful that the Holy Spirit lives in me to keep transforming me. I so need his help to keep on keepin' on in this job of shaping their hearts and wiping their bottoms and repairing their broken lego creations.
God has just given Andy so much grace to really thrive in this role as a dad these days.He's been gentle and kind and lots of fun. He's especially great at playing with them. I love hearing his thick Scottish accent as lego battles rage upstairs. He's spent hours just playing with them recently and he's pretty much their favorite person in the world. They both love to dress like him. Jack is maybe obsessed...so much so that we've had a few major meltdowns when matching clothes weren't available.
I feel like God is using my little Judah's arrival to motivate my heart once again for this job. I am thankful for that. And I'm grateful that God has given Andy a heart to love our kids extra well in a season when I have been falling especially short!
6 comments:
It takes a village....or at least two loving parents & that is exactly what God gave the Huffman kiddos. These are awesome pictures!! I don't recall you guys wanting to dress like Dan-o....hmmm, what would that look like- western shirts, jeans, cowboy boots and a hat.
You preferred the Cindy Lauper look. Ha!! Love thinking back on those days. What fun we had!
Love how the Lord does that! You are a great mommy and your heart is right to love your kids well. I trust that the Lord is faithful to bring about a joyful work in your parenting (and mine I pray!). Love you!
I would beg to disagree! Tim and I often discuss what loving and engaged/great parents you both are!
I am really thankful that my grandkids have you both!
I would beg to disagree! Tim and I often discuss what loving and engaged/great parents you both are!
I am really thankful that my grandkids have you both!
erin ashley i love your blog, and especially this post!
Love this! So cute!
Post a Comment