Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today's Top Ten

Here are 10 reasons from today why I am so glad I married Andy:

1. We prayed together this morning before starting our day. I love to come to God first thing with the man that helps me know him more!

2. He saved me the last pumpkin muffin for breakfast, even though he wanted it.

3. He picked me wild flowers on his way home today.

4. He's totally willing to change diapers-and he's excited about our switch to cloth diapers-even though it means more work for both of us!

5. We had this really hilarious conversation about the invention of toilet paper today (and debated what they used before then) He googled it and we had a great time laughing at what they used before toilet paper. Glad I was born in the 20th century! I'll never look at corncobs the same way again.

6.. He is wearing my favorite shirt, which happens to be pink. I love my man in pink.

7. I told him I want to get a baby sling to carry Buffy and he said he was unwilling to wear it. He's gotta look out for his manhood-he's still a man's man even though he wears pink. I like that he has some firm boundaries set up to protect his manhood.

8. He fed Emma Grace for me just now because I was exhausted-this third trimester thing is wearing me out.

9. We both enjoy eating, as you well know from our blog-so we are heading out in about 5 minutes to pig out on some cheap western food. Burgers-Enchiladas-Milkshakes. That's what I'm talking about. I really like that my man loves to eat as much as I do. What would I do if I was married to a sunflower seed-organic-tofu eating super health nut who looked down on my love of real food? (I'd hide in the closet and eat my Cheetos, that's what I'd do) Thanks Andy for letting me come out of the closet about my love of food.

10. He's really cute...did I mention he looks great in pink?

He's such a servant in our marriage-an area I really need to grow in! I pray I can love and respect him in the same measure he cares for and serves me and Emma Grace!

In other news-Buffy is moving like crazy and wearing me out! I took two naps yesterday and one today. Sprinkled in there were several sessions on lying on the couch, motionless, as if I'd been hit by a truck. I am so tired these days. We had a fun moms time last night and I am going to post some numbers about our group tomorrow. You should get a kick out of our mom's group "by the numbers!" Well, we're off to stuff our faces.

2 comments:

kacki said...

It warms my heart to hear how your marriage is so healthy! I thank the Lord for you and for the Christ-like union you all display to others! Love you all.

Mammanett said...

We love Andy and we love the way he loves you!
Mom