What have I been up to lately? Well, for starters, I've been walking around the grocery store looking really really pregnant in maternity clothes that don't quite cover the belly anymore while eating donuts I haven't yet paid for but can't wait til check out to eat. That's a sight for you! I also spent about 3 hours in this really great consignment shop buying my kids clothing for the next 2 years. Do you know how hard that is to do? The lady ending up giving me 20% off her really great prices since I bought so much. But it's like my metro runs-the thought of not having to shop for their clothes for the next 2-3 years brings nothing but joy to my heart! I haven't done quite as well on my Christmas shopping so it's looking more and more like some of you will be getting the Andy Huffman special-a gift card.
And EG? Well, she's been talking up a storm. We awake to her jabbering away in her room. She now says things like, "want some mama" and "want some more milk." She asks for people all the time and on the top of her list is Matt Kvernen. He's like her favorite uncle or something-she calls him on her "wei" quite often. (Wei is how you say hello in Chinese and that's what she calls her fake phone) She can climb up on chairs, tricycles, and wiggle her way onto her rocking dog. She loves to give hugs and kisses and has learned to Eskimo kiss, elephant kiss and fish kiss. (we made the last two up ourselves) She's interested in music and loves to play the piano at Kacki's house. She often asks Andy to play his guitar for her. She is obsessed with watching her birthday video that Andy made for her when she turned one. She has favorite pictures that she anticipates and starts yelling for them about two pictures before they come up. Some of her favs include her A Yi, Kay Kay (Kayleigh) , "hat" (A pics of Julianna wearing a hat) and Brayden.
She's also very into her dolls these days. Heavy Baby, as I call her, is her current favorite. Heavy Baby is a good idea for a 5 year old but not so much for an 18 month old. You are supposed to fill her with warm water so she'll feel real but that makes her weigh about 10 pounds. EG lugs her around like a heavy duffle bag. The weight is quite a hindrance to gently carrying and caring for the baby. But I am pretty sure heavy baby weighs more than Buffy will at birth. Anyway, her heaviness hasn't stopped EG from carrying her around, making her go night night and feeding her. Heavy baby drinks milk from her eyes, by the way. In my mind, these are all good signs that EG is going to love her little brother when he arrives!
And finally, EG has been enjoying the Christmas decorations. We got a real tree this year. Hope it lives through the season. The ones at the farmer's market were a little expensive for my hubby's taste so he opted for the local grocery store $29 special. I knew I should've went with him to pick out a tree! Anyway, for now it's really beautiful and the decorations were completely free. We did a little shopping at a local joint I call "Kathi's Attic." They have great prices-I mean no price-and the selection is rather large! Thanks Kathi and Tim for all the decorations! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
EG really does like the tree and often says , "pretteeeeee" when she sees it. Here are some pictures of the tree. 

Here she is dancing around. Notice how cute she is in the cloth diaper! We are getting used to the cloth and we've worked out the leaking-just have to change a little more often than disposables. I feel so happy every time I change one! I keep thinking of all the money we are saving!
Here are a couple videos of EG dancing around. Enjoy! Sorry they are a little blurry.
6 comments:
I keep logging on to see if you've delivered yet... So exciting! Can't wait to hear!
:)Tracie
Hey...take one last belly picture so we can see what your huge belly looks like! We never get to see the 9 month belly since all of you leave us before that happens! Hurry before you go into labor!
by the way, this is danielle, i'm on josh's computer, i don't think he would make such a request!
how wonderful! Hurry up and deliver - then we get to love TWO Huffman kids!! See you soon - all FOUR of you! Love you and miss you!
Mom
it is so weird for me to see photos of Emma Grace in a house that I don't recognize - but it's the house that you are living in. I wish I could come visit for 24 hours (or 24 days!) and have a clear picture of where you ARE.
miss you guys,
Laura
her toosh looks so cute in the cloth diaper!!!
Post a Comment