Wednesday, January 27, 2010
LASIK
Before Tuesday, if Andy took off his glasses and stood ten feet from me, this is what it looked like for him:
But then he went and did this:
These are his post-LASIK surgery protective goggles. Yep, he got LASIK surgery on Tuesday! In my opinion, it's one of the bravest things he's ever done. Several of our friends have gotten it done over the past few years and he's been wanting to do it for a while. Since school is out for the break, it was a great opportunity for him to get it done. He admitted it was pretty scary, but he managed to get up the nerve to go through with it! After a day of mainly resting his eyes and scaring our kids with his spider man goggles, he returned to the doctor. In one eye he now has 20/10 vision and the other is 20/18-both better than normal! Here is what it looks like for him now-standing at the same spot, no glasses, post surgery:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats on the new eyes, Andy! I'm thrilled for you. . . I can't do much without my progressive lenses anymore!
Andy, I am so so happy for you! I know this will make life a lot easier! It will be so different for me to see you without glasses but you are so handsome both with and without your glasses. Congratulations, honey!
How wonderful! Both Wade and I had that surgery and it probably was one of the bravest things either of us have ever done too! So glad he can see so well!!:)
Way to go Andy. You look so cute in those goggles. You should wear them for fun!!
Proud of you for being brave. You are going to be so happy, not having to wear glasses all the time.
how is your eyesight?
Wow! That is brave and fantastic...hope y'all are doing well
Post a Comment