Tuesday, August 7, 2012
To my Aunt Diane
Diane,
There are so many things I miss about living in North Carolina. Family is on the top of my list. Then comes things like BBQ and driving on long country roads and that feeling of belonging somewhere. And I also miss what "would be" if we lived there. I know if we lived in NC we'd see you all more. And Emma Grace and Haley and Peyton would be fast friends. And I know that Jack would be your ultimate card playing partner. He loves playing cards more than any child I have ever seen and think he would play for hours if we let him. You're the only person I know that can keep up with his love for cards. I have fun memories of us sitting in your blue camper at the lake playing UNO and eating PB and J's with Doritos!
Jack inherited your your love for cards and wakes up everyday and asks to play UNO first thing. And everyday we tell him not until after breakfast. . And everyday he throws himself on the floor in a fit of despair. Wonder how long that will go on? And everyday, after breakfast and throughout the day, we play multiple games. We figure we're close to 300 games for the summer. Maybe more. He's actually quiet good! So next time we're in NC, we'll have to get you two together for some PB and J's and cards! Much love to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Diane still throws herself on the floor when Gordon won't play Uno with her. :))
Post a Comment