Sorry I haven't been much for posting this week. I feel like I don't really know what to say. It's hard to go on with normal life and write about the ins and outs of our days when I know so many people so close by are suffering tremendously. Their lives are far from normal. We've been praying a lot and are encouraged to hear scattered stories of survivors but the overall news is very sad. You've probably read that the death toll is estimated to rise as high as 50,000. It's times like this that we are a awakened to the reality that our life is truly but a breath and we do not know the number of days ordained for us. I was brought to tears Monday night thinking about how we all are so close to eternity and how God has been so merciful to me to allow me to know him and be sure of my place with him. I forget his mercy so often. When I think of all those who died not knowing him, I am brought to the question, "why do I know him?" I can come up with no other answer than his grace in pulling me from death to life and I am humbled and overcome with thankfulness.
Please continue to pray with us for the rescue efforts that are continuing. Please pray for survivors to get the proper medical care, food and water. Please pray for us as we seek how we can be a part of serving and caring for the chinese people through this diaster, possibly in relief work at some point soon. Most of all, please pray that many people would come to eternal life through this diaster.
1 comment:
EA - so true. God is so good to us - giving us today and every day!
I join you in prayer for those who are suffering and those who are lost.
Post a Comment