well, most kids I know have survived it happening to them at least once...now Emma Grace can say she sruvived it as well.
Yesterday I was folding laundry with my little helper in the guest bedroom. I decided she would be just fine sitting on the bed while I ran in the other room to put a few things away. (didn't I just write that her "crawling" was the summary of my life lately?-should've seen this coming.) First trip, socks and shirts away, went to check on her, no problem...still fascinated by the tie on my robe that she was helping me "fold." Next trip included some pants and shorts....reached for the shorts drawer and heard a big boom...silence...then screaming. It took me a second for my brain to comprehend what had happened. when I did I ran in the guest room to find my little laundry helper sprawled on the floor, screaming, robe tie beside her. I guess she decided she wanted to see where I'd headed off to. It was really really scary. She is totally ok but man, I was scared! The scariest part was that she only cried for a few seconds and then got really calm and laid her head on my shoulder. I thought for sure this was a bad sign. But a few minutes of mommy comfort and we were on to our afternoon snack of sliced bananas.
I've already thanked God several times that she is ok. She's probably already forgotten the whole thing. I am hoping to do the same soon.
3 comments:
I am happy to hear that you, too, survived what we all experience--that dreaded fall. Thank goodness that Jesus made kids resilient and gives reassurance to parents that all is OK. I still remember to this day Andy's first fall from our bed---but I am pretty sure he has forgotten. You both will be just fine.
I am also very excited to be able to share the news about Huffy 2! I hope and pray you are feeling much better.
Keep napping!
Love you FOUR!
Love the cake man - gotta watch him and EG - they will be eating everything in site!!
Bless her little heart - she is good to go now - a fall from the bed is a rite of passage!
Thank you for blogging so much - you don't have to feel guilty when you don't - I appreciate you doing it as often as you do!
Love you - miss you !
Mom
EA and Andy - congratulations on being pregnant! I know you are both so excited! We enjoy your blog and seeing EG growing like Laura's girls! Give EG a kiss on that sweet little bruised noggin' for us. Patt
Post a Comment