Sunday night here and I am getting ready to head to bed after a fun weekend. Xiao Li and her little sister Xiao Min came over on Saturday to teach me to make dill pickles! It was really neat to learn and I think I can do it on my own now. I can't really take any credit for these pickles because they did everything and I just watched! These women are PRECIOUS! They both love the Lord dearly and love each other so much! They moved to the city together from their small village to work-they have both helped foreign families for about 8 years now! Xiao Li LOVES Emma Grace so much and is such a blessing to our family! She helps me in sooo many ways and she has truly become one of my best chinese friends. We've both cried to one another, laugh together ALOT and she helps me understand more about the culture! Now she's teaching me how to make American pickles! She's Superwoman.


The result...we have to wait a few days before we can open them. They have some red pepper flakes in them so they will have a little kick to them! Will let you know how they taste!

I snapped a picture of what Andy was doing while EG slept and we made pickles....

GO WVU!

We had a fun day today also! After church we went out to eat with some new friends at Pizza Hut. We weren't planning on eating there until the end of our book-it program but they wanted to so we did. We are still planning a personal pan pizza outing if we read enough books. We finished up Swiss Family Robinson and we are on to Count of Monte Cristo. If we don't get enough stars on our book-it chart to get the personal pan, it will be MY FAULT! I always fall asleep during our reading sessions. Andy is powering through several other books outside of our joint reading. He's currently sitting beside me reading right now.
After EG's nap today we went to a nearby pool that I recently discovered. It was a lot of fun! This time I remembered to bring my bathing suit (see Wednesday's post) but still mananged to look a little silly swimming. We had to wear swimming caps at this pool, which of course being the non swimmers that we are, we don't have. So we bought some really awesome looking ones at the pool. Emma Grace was the cutest thing ever. I wish I would've taken my camera. She had a pink swimsuit on with a pink swimming cap. Next time I go swimming I think I will go all out and wear my teal 80's swimsuit with my newly purchased red swim cap. With my just-starting-to-show pregnancy belly, it doesn't get any funnier looking than that!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun weekend of canning and spending time with friends. Definitely bring those swimming purchases with you to the States.
I would imagine that no matter what you all were wearing at the pool that you drew a lot of attention just because you were foreigners...and such cute ones at that.
Love you all.
g
Post a Comment