Sunday evening here and we just put Emma Grace down for the night. We have to leave for church at 9:45 so she only sleeps for about 15 minutes before we leave. That means two things: a tired and fussy child by lunch time but a GREAT Sunday afternoon napper. Today she fell asleep in the car on the way home (about 1:30) and slept til 5 pm! Normally I wouldn't let her sleep that long because I want her to be tired for bedtime but today I was napping too so we both had a nice extra long snooze. I think we were both worn out from our big 4th of July weekend. Andy and I usually both "read" on Sundays. He actually reads and I fall asleep trying to read. I am usually woken up by the WVU fight song. After reading he likes to play a game of football on the PS2. Most Sundays we eat out for lunch and then order chinese in for dinner. I don't like to cook on Sundays so that's what we usually end up doing.
Emma Grace's routine has changed a bit recently, which we all really like. She can stay up for longer periods of time-about 3 hours before needing a nap. So she naps later and goes to bed later and gets up later. (So if we want to sleep in, we now get to sleep til the late hour of 7am!) Now that she doesn't go to bed immediately after dinner we like to head outside for a walk or to play before she turns in for the night. When it's not raining, these walks are a treat! Here we are today after dinner. We borrowed the Kvernens' car for Emma Grace to use and she loves it! We are hoping to get her one of her own pretty soon! (we were also tossing the baseball)

with a xiao pengyou (little friend)...

I love the look on her face...

Here we are in action...
2 comments:
You guys take the best pictures - Andy you look great & so does Ms. preggy lady!
Erin, that is wandering jew behind EG in the first picture (the purple plant) - Rossi brought me some last year & it has come back this year. I wish mine was a pretty as that is - guess someone in your area has a green thumb!
We went to see Get Smart this afternoon - in the new theater (at Alamance Crossing) - the movie is very funny & the new place with it's rocking chairs is very nice!
We will check out some movies when you guys come home.
Love you guys!
Mom
Your new routine sounds perfect---time to have fun as a family after dinner and EG still sleeping enough to keep her happy and you rested, too.
The walks with her after dinner remind me of the times we all walked to Sunrise after dinner to enjoy all the neighborhood gang on bikes or Big Wheels. The parents visited and the kids had a blast!!
These are great times you all are having....cherish them.
Love you all!!
Post a Comment