Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17
You know those times where God just works something out and every detail is just so perfect that you know it's a gift perfectly crafted by your Heavenly Father who knows you so intimately and loves to lavish you with exactly what you need? OK that's a long sentence. But you know what I mean. Something that's just so perfect you can see God's intimate care for you in every detail. That's what our weekend with the K's was for Andy and me. From the flight only costing 13.99 plus taxes and fees to having the treat of staying at Andy's parents beach home! My parents got to come down and keep EG and Jack and I think all parties involved had a great time.
The beach was beautiful and quiet. It was sunny. We laughed and cried and prayed and ate and played cards and watched movies. It was the perfect amount of time to be have deep conversations and fun too!
Matt and Laura are our dear friends from China. We laugh that God sent us into exile together out in this little town where we lived for the past 3 years. We learned lots of lessons out there doing life together and both of us have learned a lot about how to be a friend. A lot of the people from our town actually thought our two families lived together in one apartment! Although we didn't go that far, I would say we lived such interdependent lives that we are as close as family. I treasure this sweet family. God is writing an incredible story in their lives and we've had the privilege of sitting on the front row and watching it for these past few years. As if that wasn't enough, God put the icing on the cake with an unexpected trip to NC. it didn't work out for us to fly from Wilmington, so we drove with Matt and Laura to Chapel Hill where we met my Grandparents. They picked us up and we spent the night with them so we could fly out of Greensboro the next morning. I would have never guessed how life-giving those 12 hours in NC would be! We ate NC BBQ on the way to meet my grandparents. Ahh, what a treat. And it snowed in NC that day so we got to drive through rural NC and see a winter wonderland and look at lots of Christmas lights. Andy and I often talk about how people are connected to places. I will be forever connected to North Carolina, like the Israelites were to their land, I imagine. It brings life to my bones just to be in my hometown.

And we spent a sweet late evening and early morning with my grandparents. We had sausage biscuits courtesy of the Breakfast King, my grandfather! What a sweet sweet gift from the Lord. Andy and I drove to the airport in a winter wonderland, just praising God for his goodness to us. We even crossed paths with my parents at the airport and got to catch the details of how their weekend went with our kids! I left my house a mess. It was my parents so I felt only mildly ashamed! HEHE. But I came home to a clean home, laundry done, doors and drains repaired, bathrooms clean, microwave not gunky anymore. It's the little things. Well, and the big things. This weekend was full of little and big gifts from the Lord all wrapped up in a perfect package for me and Andy to receive!!!
2 comments:
and a gift to us too. But how come your tickets were only $13.99. I was thrilled with our price, but wow!
So happy you had such sweet gifts from the Lord!He is good!
Post a Comment