Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful


Lest you think that all we do is spend our time pining for China, I thought I would write a "half way" post about a few of the things we love about the life God is creating for us here. We are half way through our first year in the USA! We both feel like we turned a corner after Christmas and we're starting to really enjoy what God has given us here. It's like he's designed this perfect little spot unique for our family. I guess he does that for all his people, all over the world. So here's my top then list at the half way point of this year (in no particular order)


1. We really love the weather and the natural beauty of this place (once you get out of the city). Cookouts in January! Shorts in February!


2. Seeing our families more often.


3. YAY for Kids night at Chic Fila


4. We are joining an amazing church. A pastor who loves and reaches out to us. People who genuinely want to get to know us. A body of believers steadfastly committed to biblical unity and peacemaking.


5. Sweet times with Andy sitting on our couch talking and praying. seems the brokenness in our own lives, coupled with the transition stress, and all we are learning this year = great connection talking and praying .


6. Living in an apartment complex with lots of people from Andy's work who love the Lord and us! EG and Jack having awesome older kids to play with.


7. Our life group, our coaches, and our times with them. so sweet.


8. Lots of international friends that God has given us! For Arabic coffee, for hong baos from our Chinese friends, for being "frangranced/smoked" with burning incense by my UAE friend, Moisa. ( I smelled like smoke for week!)


9. For a new start. I like the challenge of a new place, figuring things out, developing some new habits. It's nice to wipe the slate clean sometimes. YAY for exercise class at the gym with Erin.


10. For the first time in my life feeling, not just knowing in my head, that I am precious to God.

4 comments:

laura said...

In some ways this post makes me feel a million miles away from you. The photo of a place on the other side of the globe, referencing people I don't know, all that makes me feel so far away.

but I am SO grateful that you can write this. You are filling your blank pages :)

much love to you friend

Unknown said...

Change is difficult, but I'm glad you are finding joy in the little things!

Praying for you friend!

kacki said...

So great!! Some of the things I've been studying reminded me so much of you all this week...that God's mercies are renewed daily,"prior to our need and in direct proportion to every moment's demands"; but our responsibility is to gather them--just like the Israelites had to gather the manna. Anyway, sounds like you are gathering!! He is good!
We love you all!

Mammanett said...

OH yeaaaaaa!