Friday, March 16, 2012

Arts Festival


One thing I love about America is all the festivals. There's a festival for everything really-apple festivals, strawberry festivals, music festivals-and each genre has it's own of course, tractor festivals and on and on. Really, Americans just enjoy festivals. I am definitely among them.

Today we headed out to a local arts festival. We live near a pretty groovy, artsy town that is full of sidewalk cafes and art galleries and has a park that often has live music and movies. Today was their annual arts festival and the kids had a blast. There were tons of free activities for them and we had some good friends to tag along with. So thankful for friends. I was thinking about last year and how I would've come alone to something like this. So much better with friends! Brooke and her crew have been a big part of our transition and we love spending time with them. They live just a couple miles down the road and they're just a step ahead of us in their transition to Florida. So grateful for them! (She's the friend I hang out with spontaneously from my last post) Our kids love their kids as much as I love Brooke! Just really grateful for fun days like this one!!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

EA - did you climb up a tree to take the pic of them at the table?

kacki said...

I love how EG is now posing with such "expression"!! Precious!
And Jack is too cute!