Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Growing Season...with funky angles

First, let me say that I'm getting used to the new Blogger format and couldn't get my pictures to rotate, no matter how hard I tried.  So some of them are sideways.  Oh well.  Second, Jack and EG took some of these and they're both pretty artistic you know, thus the funky angles on some.   Love it.

And thirdly, I'll say that to know Glen and Chris Phillips is to love Glen And Chris Phillips This post is for them...hope you guys like our funky angles!!!

When I talked to my Gmaw last week she said, "I have three questions for you...Are your tomatoes growing?  Have your butterflies grown and is that baby boy growing?  The answer is "yes" to all three and proof's in the pics....
  Tomatoes are growing.  My Grandpa bought these for me when he was here and gave me careful instructions on how to care for them. I actually surprised myself  this week when I discovered there are actually real live tomatoes on them.  I kind of lacked confidence that I could grow anything more than my babe in the belly!  Pretty sure I have officially reached "awesome wife status" in my Grandfather's book.  According to him, to be fit for wifery you must master homemade gravy, which I did a few years ago.  So now that I've grown tomatoes, I think he'll knock my status up a few notches!! HEHE! 



Baby growing!!! (photos courtesy of kiddos)
Butterflies grown!!!!  A friend gave us four caterpillars and we fed them milk weed, watched them make their chrysalis and then turn into Monarch Butterflies!!  Really amazing process!  We released all of them and we often see them flying in our yard...yep, we're sure those currently in our yard are the ones we grew! 

So there you have it, Chris and Glen!  Tomatoes, Baby, Butterflies...Growing, Growing, Grown!!!  And as my Momma says, "Me and God grew them!!!"  How true for all three!

4 comments:

Mammanette said...

You and the baby look so sweet. Glad all is growing in Fl!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Grandpa wants a picture of the first tomato sandwich! Happy to see all things are in good hands! EG and Jack, we love the butterflies! Good job! We can tell all things have grown since we were there. Love to all!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Grandpa wants a picture of the first tomato sandwich! Happy to see all things are in good hands! EG and Jack, we love the butterflies! Good job! We can tell all things have grown since we were there. Love to all!!

Carmen, Eli, Emmanuel, and Reesie Pooh said...

My boys loved the part about the caterpillars and butterflies--I think I now have a project for next Spring! You look AMAZING~so beautiful.