Monday, May 21, 2012

Moments


Emma Grace can often be found with a load of craft supplies scattered around her.  This girl loves crafts and now that she's writing and beginning to read,  it's getting more fun! And I spend a lot of time spelling out words for her!    Lots of our crafts these days involved cards addressed to friends and teachers.  Watch your mail, you might just be the next recipient of a hand addressed letter from our crafty one! 

As for Jack Attack...CAN WE SAY YIPEE for being potty trained!  It was a long road, but I think we've officially arrived!  He really turned the corner when Emma Grace got involved.   I offered a skittle to him and EG every time he used the potty.  It's hard to dole out skittles all day and not include others-so I just decided EG would get one each time as well.  She was motivated by the skittles.  Jack not as much.  But she would encourage him and every hour or so would say, "Jack don't you want to potty?  I'll go with you!"  And somewhere along the way, (along with lots of encouragement for us)  it just clicked for him!  So I guess you could say I delegated potty training to her!  I've already told her she's on deck for potty training J-man.  "J-man" is our little guy in the belly and we are excited to put his name on the blog soon!  We just told the kids and our parents and it's been really fun to start calling him and praying for him by name.  Jack is pumped that his little brother's name starts with a J like his! 

Potty training, like many things on this parenting road exposed my weaknesses-I'm not consistent, I lack perseverance,  I get easily angered when my little ones poop on themselves.  So thankful this round of potty training is over and thankful for grace that meets me right where I am! 

3 comments:

kacki said...

I am so proud of those kiddos!!
It is really no surprise that EG was so helpful with Jack's potty training---give that girl a task and I am sure she will accomplish it! Great job EG!!
And Jack---Great job on keeping your big boy pants dry!
You all need to be watching for something special coming your way...

Granny Lib said...

So proud of the kiddos.. I know you must be feeling so grateful.. happy that EG was such a big help.. you need all the help you can get... Love to all

Mammanett said...

Great job everyone!