Sunday, January 27, 2008

Eating Sunglasses and Tortillas from Heaven






Hello from dark, quiet, “sound machine running in the background” Thailand. HEHE. Actually, it’s very hot and sunny outside, but I am currently sitting in a dark room while Emma Grace naps. That’s how I’ve been spending a lot of my time. But I don’t mind it. I am doing lots of reading and I love to hear her start “talking” when she wakes up! It’s been a different experience this time around with a babe who still takes 3 naps a day. But she has done GREAT and we’ve had a really good time. I am making a daily run to starbucks for my grande caramel macchiato and reading several books. Just started Marley and Me-a book about a really bad Labrador. It’s cute. I am not sure if I should be reading it or not. Andy and I are thinking of getting a dog in the spring. This might help me know what I am in for, but it also might convince me that a dog is not in the cards for us! We’ll see. Either way, it’s a good read.

Emma Grace is doing well. She and I just got back from a dip in the pool. I tried to get her to wear sunglasses, but as you can see, she wanted to eat them, not wear them. (Sorry they are a bit blurry. She did not want to sit still) The drypers continue to be the bane of my vacation-we have at least one leak per day. (2 today so far) But I am gonna use them til they’re gone. EG is officially a sitter now-she can sit for 20 minutes just playing without falling over. It must be nice to see the world from a new perspective.

Andy is in class from 8-5 this week with an hour break for lunch. Today we tried to go out for lunch but it’s not enough time. This area is so busy so it takes a while to get food. So, we are gonna do sandwiches in the room this week. Yipee. I love sandwiches and there isn’t really good sandwich stuff in our country. Funny that I am excited about sandwiches and chips…of course they are sour cream and onion!

Speaking of food…we’ve had great Thai several days in a row and tonight we are having chicken and steak fajita burritos smothered with enchilada sauce. (that is some serious Mexican fusion going on) Andy’s gone to pick it up now. I’m a bit embarrassed that we are so into food and even more embarrassed that my life is so boring that the only thing I can think of to write about is what we are eating. Oh well. I guess when you spend 6 hours a day in a dark room listening to the sound of running water you can’t really expect to have much to say that will interest the blog reading world!

On a final note, I was encouraged today as I thought about the “east asian” translation of the phrase “my grace is sufficient” It literally says: “my grace is enough for your use” It just shed new light for me on a phrase I’ve heard many times. It encourages me to think that no matter how great my sin of pride or arrogance or harshness (or a gazillion other things), the grace found in Christ Jesus is enough for my use. Thank you Lord, for your “enough for my use” grace that covers me!

Well, Dougy just returned with 8 mexican dishes all rolled into one giant tortilla from heaven, so I gotta go! See you!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

Sorry I missed your call this morning - too late for me to call you now. 20 mins!! Wow! that is great! Believe it or not - hearing about what you are eating and reading and doing is music to my ears!! I loved Marley and me. Great read!! At times you might think it will make you not want a dog, but in the end, it will make you WANT one :) Marley was the worst dog I have ever heard of. Most of them do much less damage to your stuff and they all fill your heart! Much like kids :))
Have a wonderful day love!

Kiss and hug that family for me!
Mom

kacki said...

so i see more hair on that pretty head?