Sunday, April 27, 2008

Heading out of town

We are heading out of town for the week. The exciting news is that the city we are going to has some good western food, including Papa John's pizza and my personal favorite, a starbucks in walking distance from the place we are staying. They also have incredible local food as well-way better than where we live! We are staying at the apartment of some friends who are back in the US to have their first child so it works great for us. It's much easier to stay in a home with Emma Grace rather than a hotel! They even have a crib so we don't have to lug our pack n play there! Andy will be busy in the mornings so I am guessing EG and I will make a daily run to starcucks for my caramel macchiato and hang out with some friends in area.

In other news, I'm becoming more Asian everyday. Recently, I've picked up the East Asian habit of taking a nap in the afternoons-anywhere from 20 mins to a whole hour and a half! Somedays I fall asleep reading and just nap for a few minutes and then other days I actually get in bed for a real nap! East Asians are serious about their afternoon naps. It makes sense because they often work really long into the night. High School students get out of class about 6pm and often have tutoring and then homework-staying up til 2am-so a nap becomes a necessity as you can imagine. For me it's much less of a necessity and more of a luxury! Though sometimes taking care of a little baby makes me feel like I've stayed up til 2 am! Anyway, my goal this week is to try and catch a nap everyday while EG naps! I'll keep you posted on my progress of indigenization!

2 comments:

kacki said...

Enjoy the food, coffee, and especially the napping.
Love you all.

Mammanett said...

Hope you guys have a good time - hope that nap thing catches on in the US. LOVE You bigger than the sky!