Monday, April 21, 2008

Ultimate Frisbee Bash


In honor of Andy's Birthday this week, we hosted an Ultimate Frisbee Bash on Saturday to celebrate with some of our foreigner freinds here. We rented the field in our local town and everyone headed out here for a morning of ultimate frisbee and some THRILLS FROM THE GRILL! We lugged the grill (a gift for his birthday a couple years back) out to the field along with all the fixins' for a great lunch! We had grilled chicken sandwiches and hot dogs along with chips, drinks, watermelon and cupcakes! It was a treat for everyone to have food from the grill, as we are one of the few families that owns a grill here.

It was a blast and the food was really yummy! The best part-NO INJURIES! You might remember we had a Broomball party for his birthday a couple years ago that was a lot of fun but ended with a dislocated shoulder and a broken tailbone!
Our town has a really nice soccer field. Here;s the crew getting ready to play.
Here are the Kvernens warming up for the game. Couples were on the same teams to protect marital harmony.
The spread...
Emma Grace also enjoyed some of the lunch spread. While I left to grab something and Andy was "watching" her she managed to get a hold of my bag of Lay's potato chips and eat a few before I caught her! Notice she has them spread all over the blanket. oops. I guess Andy was having too much fun at his party to notice his daughter chomping down on those salty greasy can-choke-a-person-who-has-no-teeth chips! HEHE. Just kidding. We all got a good laugh, I took a picture and then we took them away from her!
What a fun saturday morning! Happy Early Birthday Andy!

1 comment:

kacki said...

I sure wish we could have been there to enjoy the party!! It looks like everyone had a blast.
I also feel so thankful for the life God has given you---you are truly blessed with such a wonderful wife,precious child and good friends! I am confident and can relax knowing you are in the center of God's will. I love and miss you. Happy birthday, Son!