Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. Andy is off and we get to have some great family time! Today is not only a Saturday, but also my 28th birthday! Wow-I'm an adult. I've been one for 10 years now, but being 28 and having 2 kids just seems really "adult" to me. There is no escaping it-I'm an adult.
Today has been a great day so far! It's 4:30pm and we're hanging out with Andy's parents and sister. Emma Grace started the day out with a birthday serenade ("Happy To You" is her version!) After some early morning birthday wishes from EG and the hubster, we headed for a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with the rest of the Huffmans. As you know, The Cinnamon Crunch is by far my favorite Breakfast food. It should really be considered a dessert, as sweet as it is!
After breakfast we did some family shopping at Sam's club, stocking up on some essentials to take back to China. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning, 8 lbs of chocolate chips, 5 lbs of pecans, and new socks were among the items purchased. Our life is so weird. While packing clothes and shoes and jackets, I also have to find room for semi sweet chocolate chips. We are serious about our chocolate chip cookies.
Ok, this day has theme running through it-FOOD! We're now chomping down on some yummy hors d'oeuvres and watching the UNC Maryland game. Tonight Andy and I are going out ALONE for dinner. I usually just tote Jack wherever I go, since I am nursing him but tonight we're leaving him with the grandparents too! Should be fun to go out sans diapers and wipes! I just used two french words in one paragraph. WOW, I'm feeling smart today.
Well, I'm so thankful that God created me and most of all that he has saved me.
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy Faithfulness!
Off to enjoy dinner with the hubster!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday! We love you!
Hey! Happy Birthday! We've been so crazy but I've been meaning to tell you thanks for your sweet and encouraging email. We can't wait til you guys are back!
opps, that was danielle, not josh. but he says happy birthday too!
28 year of you equals 10,220 days or 245,280 hours or 14,716,800 mins of blessing for me! Happy Birthday! I love you!
Mom
Hi, sweet friend! Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great day :)
Hap' Day to Zu! as Chelsea used to say when she was EG's age. I hope your 28th was wonderful! We love you very much!
The Dickeys
Yeah! Sounds like you had a fun day...wish I could have been there to help celebrate. Can you believe the big "3-0" is sneaking up on us? I'll beat you there but not by much! Love you bunches!
Happy late birthday, EA! Catching up on your posts today. Hope you and Andy have a great year and get back to China soon! Patt
Post a Comment