When packing to go overseas for a long long while, there are "must take" items like clothes, computers, deodorant, chrisco, and chocolate chips. Then there are "will take if you have room" items, like Andy's stuff. HEHE, just kidding, I mean like certain toys, scrapbook stuff and grocery items like cake mix. Then there are items, like instant grits and a banana saver, that you end up packing because you make a last minute run to walmart and know you have a few more inches of space in that last bag. (The banana saver is really cool-you clip it on the end of your banana so it won't turn brown. I feel like I am always wasting half of a banana so this thing will come in really handy if it lives up to its big claims. Ok, I am digressing here.)
The point is that we got all our stuff in our bags-the must haves, the will take if there's room items and even the instant grits, which I hardly ever eat, by the way. But just not having the option to buy them in China and the fact that we're down to 16ish hours before departure, the instant grits seemed like a really good idea when I was booking it through Walmart.
I will breathe a big sigh of relief when my family finally sits down on an airplane in Raleigh and and even bigger one when our wheels hit the ground in our city in China. These past two weeks have been a whirlwind of packing, goodbyes, and fussy babies. EG is getting teeth and has a cold. Jack now has the same cold and we made a quick trip to the doctor today. He's ok to fly and we will just have to manage the symptoms for both of them. Please pray for health for our little ones and peace and safety for us as we make this journey.
I have some good photos from our time in NC and of Jack's 3 month birthday, but those will have to wait til we're settled in to our home in Zhong Guo.
Thanks to all of you who made us feel so welcome and loved while in the US. It's been so encouraging to see you and we'll be missing you!
2 comments:
oh I can't wait for you to get here! And instant grits sound yummy to me :) maybe it's because after 18 months away from America, all kinds of things start to sound yummy
praying praying praying while you fly!
You guys are already missed! I'm so glad you have your mom with you to help with the big trip. Maybe it's our turn to come there next???
Post a Comment