Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Date Night....well Sort Of

I've been off the blog for a while now...I actually haven't even turned on my computer in 3 days! That's really unlike me...Andy gets on to me for leaving it on for days a time. He says it's bad for it or something. We've been busy...doing what I am not exactly sure! Andy says this is the busiest yet most unproductive season of our lives to date. We don't accomplish much but we seem to always have something going on. Guess that's just what life with two little ones is like.



We had a really fun Father's Day. EG bought Andy a roll of Oreos and we also gave him money for some new running shoes and the gift of "exercise." He's been wanting to get back into running so I changed our morning schedule around so he'll have some off-daddy-duty time to run three times a week. Sunday afternoon he and some other Dads and friends played ultimate frisbee and we had a cookout. It was lots of fun and I think he really enjoyed the day. It was one of the first times I think EG really got the concept of celebrating a holiday and giving a gift, etc. (I think her birthday helped cement the concept-since then she randomly asks for presents from time to time! hehe!)



Andy and I are going on a date tonight. We are calling it a study date. In college we used to get together to "study" and inevitably would do way more talking than studying. We laugh when we think of all those study dates we had. Tonight is our date night and we're going out to eat but we're actually planning to study. We are hoping to take the driver's license test on Friday and we need to study a book of 1300 questions in order to prepare. In college our studying was actually an excuse to get together and talk...in marriage, our date is an excuse to get some much needed studying done. Oh how times have changed. That's ok honey....I'm sure, just like college, I'll get bored studying and distract you with some rousing conversation! Andy put together a little study music for us...just listened to EYE OF THE TIGER!! Now, I'm getting pumped up for this test.



Well, I should stop blogging and listening to my driving music...Carwash, I'm Coming out, Cruising down Ocean Boulevard...and actually do some studying! Not sure if I'll be back on before Friday. Will let you know how the test goes. Dratts, now the pressure is on to pass since all of you know I'm taking the test!

3 comments:

Mammanett said...

Good luck on the test - having seen the drivers over there, I know that the rules are really just suggestions anyway! Love you guys!

Oreos and exercise - seems like an oxymoron!

Paul said...

sample question: Honorable driver may attempt U turn from any lane at most time on some busy city street. sometime true or most time true.

Angie said...

Good to hear you guys are doing well. Good luck with the driving tests! Too bad you don't have Daisy there for the road test. You'd pass with flying colors!