Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas!

I love our home at Christmas. I love getting up early to read and turning on the Christmas tree. I love staying up late and talking with Andy by the Christmas tree lights. I love rehanging ornaments every day after my kids pull them off. Ok, not really that part. Most of all, I love this season because it give me the chance to focus my heart on Jesus and the hope that I have because he came.

I read something recently that talked about the discipline of Celebration-not as an excuse to just overindulge ourselves, but to really be light hearted, filled with joy, and to purposely set out to enjoy God and his good gifts. My heart needs to celebrate. In tbe monotony of daily life, the trials that we are facing, and the struggles we have with our own sin, it's so good to pull back and be reminded why we can joy on this earth and hope for the future. So that's what we're setting out to do this season!
Xiao Li and I stayed up late last Friday and made all kinds of treats! We made the Huffman Family peanut butter balls, coconut balls and almond bark pretzels with sprinkles. Next on the list is sausage balls.
We put less lights on our tree than normal. Mainly because we decorated it with kids so we needed to be speedy. But also because we don't really have the power to support the "Huffman gazillion lights on a tree standard." But it still looks beautiful! Last time we decorated it up to standard, we couldn't run our heaters while the tree was on!

2 comments:

Mammanett said...

It's beginning to look a lot like
Christmas.......those are some mighty cute elves you got there!

kacki said...

You have the best decorations of all with the Christmas pj's on one and the santa hat on the other!
They outshine any ordinary Christmas lights!