Monday, November 9, 2009
FPO-Winter is Upon us
I am not sure when winter officially starts, but for us, today marks the beginning of winter. Not because it turned extremely cold all of the sudden, or because all the leaves have fallen off the trees but because of something I like to call the FPO. That means the First Power Overload of the season. As you might recall, we have limited power in our home. (and unfortunately the living room, bathroom and laundry room all happen to be on the same circuit.) Throughout most of the year, there is just enough power to run our dryer, the oven and other random little appliances. But as it gets cooler at night, we start running the space heaters...and those put us over the edge. This morning while drying my hair and running the washer and dryer and running one space heater, the breaker flipped. So it begins-I have to decide which is more important-dry hair, heat, or clean clothes! Today I turned off the dryer while I finished drying my hair. Winter is officially upon us! Last year we assumed we would not have this same problem in America but for some reason our house totally had the same issue. I guess that was good for helping us remember things go wrong in America too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, things like rain in your kitchen!!
I have a friend in central asia and she was home for a few weeks this summer. While at Southpoint Mall, the power went out, she realized how adapted she was when she just kept walking and her mom and sister freaked... hehe
Better beef up the power to get ready for the Christmas tree!!
Post a Comment