Today I talked with some dear girls who believe their good works give them value and merit with God. Though these friends come from a different religious background than me, I so easily can twist Christianity to make it about what I do, rather than the one who did ALL for me. But over and over, it's God's Holy Spirit at work in my life that brings me back to GRACE, FREE GRACE. It's all about his kindness to me in Christ, in all things, for all of eternity. And he saved me by this free grace so that in the coming ages he might display the riches of his kindness to me in Christ Jesus...his free grace is all about his kindness to me being put on display, cause I don't deserve it in any way.
But left to myself, I would over and over make it about what I do for him...that's just the way my flesh is wired...but it's his GRACE that brings me back to GRACE over and over.
It's the grace of....
The gospel preached to me by my pastor
My dear friends reminding me of it
The Holy Spirit calling me back to it when I stray.
So thankful for the grace that brings me back to grace, over and over and over.
No comments:
Post a Comment