The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9
This verse speaks of God's sovereign control over all things. We plan. Planning is good. Seeking wise counsel and praying for God to give us his values as we make plans is good. But ultimately God will establish our steps in the way he determines. And that way is best. ALWAYS.
Today I am thankful for this truth. Andy and I are working on some (big-ish) plans. So I am especially thankful that God is establishing my steps in a way that will be best for me and will bring him most glory. He is all wise.
I hope our plans are his plans, but if they are not, I can rest....because I have an ALL WISE, ALL KNOWING, KIND father establishing my steps. Thankful today for God's sovereignty in all things.
And therefore, I can "be anxious about nothing, but with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present my requests to God." Philipians 4:6-7
1 comment:
Very wise woman!
Post a Comment