We were freshmen suite mates and we were both Christians. I was new in this whole relationship with God thing, and I wanted to walk with him. But my footing was quite shaky and college is a sure place to find many ways to walk away from God. Finding out that my suite mate was a Christian was a clear sign to me that God was going to take care of me in college. I was thankful for her then...
And here I am, almost fifteen years later, giving thanks for her once again. My hair is short again(!!!) but I do dress a bit more modestly. I could have never imagined what God had in store for me and my suite mate from Texas. We've traveled the world together, crossed cultures together, married best friends. We've studied the bible together, prayed together, carried each other during deep depression. We've ridden on the back of a motorcycle into a village together. We've fought and worked it out. We've forgiven. We've had a gazillion of the most entertaining conversations about anything you can imagine.
And we've brought each other back to GRACE, back to God's heart of love, back to gospel, again and again.
Today she did that for me, once again.
Today I am thankful for Marianne Dean.
![]() |
| Me holding Marianne...girls beach day, Freshmen year |

2 comments:
As the song says.."you can't make old friends"...Marianne is very special. We enjoyed having her for a bit in our life. Give her our love!
Thanks so much! This was amazing! YOU are amazing! I could not be more thankful for you! Everything you said about me--DITTO to you! Love you friend!
Post a Comment