Monday, July 14, 2014

GRATITUDE 175 God of the Sabbath

This week I am still reaping what I sowed two weeks ago.
We both found this spot to be perfect for afternoon naps!

 Two weeks ago we were on vacation with Andy's family and I sowed seeds of REST all week long.  It's a gift of grace that I have in-laws that are so loving and good to me.  So just like being with my family, it's extremely restful for me to be with them.  I didn't cook.  I didn't change diapers.  I took naps.  I went for coffee with my sisters.  I sat by the pool ALL. DAY. LONG.

And I am reaping the harvest of renewed motivation and energy to do the things God has called me to as a wife and mom.  I never realize how depleted I am until I stop to really rest.

So thankful that we serve a God of Sabbath.  A God who has done all for us and calls us to rest as a  "dramatization of the heart of the gospel: “To the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith will be counted as righteousness” (Romans 4:5).Thankful for my weekly Sabbath times that renew me for the week ahead.  And thankful for my extended times of vacation and rest that give wind to my sails for the next season of work and service.

No comments: