Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter weekend

Here's a quick run down of our Easter weekend:

Friday John and Alisa came over for a "servant sleepover" (they called it this becasue they came to hang out and served us by making a great breakfast of French Toast, eggs, bacon, and fruit. Here's Kayleigh in her Geo Prism, Julianna in her honda accord, and Emma Grace in her old school convertible cadillac. (aka hoopty-Sheryl, did you know you bought us a hoopty? hehe) This is in our apartment complex.Kayleigh and Emma Grace playing on the floor in the afternoon. After the girls went down for the night, we watched American Idol and Lost! After the sleepover we took it easy on Saturday because we knew Sunday woudl be a big day:

HAPPY EASTER! After Church, we returned to our house for lunch with the Kvernens. Here are Emma Grace and Lydia having their lunch with their daddies!Our lunch spread was great: Ribs in the crockpot (A Matt K special) girlled chicken, green bean bundles (thanks Tamara for the recipe) twice baked potato casserole, deviled eggs, homemade bread, couscous salad and a chocolate pie that was to die for! Xiao li made that! Here's Andy and Laura's Dad hand grinding some coffee after lunch. Thanks Papaw and Kathy for the grinder! (Paul was here for 3 weeks-it was fun to have a "grandpa" around-he loved on Emma Grace along with his two grandaughters!)AFter lunch we rested for a bit and then got ready for our neighborhood Easter Party! Laura and I made cross ornaments for everyone to paint their names on. This was a way for them to meet each other but also a way for them to take home the symbol of Good Friday.Here's the crew painting...everyone joined in. No one is "too cool" here! I love that!
After painting we went outside for an Easter Egg Hunt-They liked it alot. They were ressurection eggs-inside each contained some candy and a symbol about the Easter story-a cross, a stone, spear, etc. This was a great way for us to tell them about the meaning of Easter. Here's Grandma Wang, our neighbor, friend, and milk delivery lady! She found an egg in a tree and was really excited! (isn't Lydia cute?!!!!) Julianna gets some help finding eggs from a neighbor.Paul was the Easter Egg hider.Here's the whole crew after we talked about the Easter story and hung out...Kathi, The Driver Qi is the one on the far right back.



All in all a great day...


2 comments:

kacki said...

It is super seeing your Easter celebration! We had a great day, too with both Tim's and my family joining us at church. The whole gang was there--my folks, Dee and her husband, Richard, Danny and Bev, Jack and Kathy, Donna, Dawn, PJ and Luke.
But we need to incorporate a sleepover!!
Love you all.

Mammanette said...

East Asia is blessed because you guys are there!
You are storing up treasures!!
Love you and miss you -
as I told uncle Billy when I was a littel girl and mom made me share my candy bar........."here! God said share.........but I HATE you!!" :0 )
Some days that is how I feel about sharing you guys - I know it is the right thing to do (and just like the candy - I really don't have a choice!) but I don't always WANT to!!
Love you guys !!