Sunday, June 8, 2008

Emma Grace's Birthday Bash

Happy Early Birthday Emma Grace! We had EG's birthday party this week-what a blast! We kept it pretty simple-the highlight of course being Emma Grace's first cupcake! Andy made a really neat slideshow with pictures and videos from her first year so we watched that, the kids played, we had cake and ice cream, and opened some gifts. Emma Grace got a stroller from Julianna and Kayleigh-this was a big deal. This stroller is for Emma Grace to push her babies around in once she starts walking. She LOVES playing with Julianna's stroller when we go to their house so it was the perfect gift. (PS grandparents we are sending the slideshow to you-you should get it end of next week)

Here's the spread. I made cupcake men which are really cute but kinda hard for 2 and 3 year olds to manage-so we had a lot of chocolate faces when it was all said and done.

Here are Lydia and Emma Grace digging into the toy basket together. They are so close in size-they could be twins! I foresee years of friendship (as long Emma Grace doesn't keep stealing Lydia's paci)
Here's Xiao Li with some of her favorite little people in the whole wide world...
We had quite the group of kids for the party. Baby Zeb in the very middle is just a month old! This group ranged in age from 1 month to a whopping 7!
Here's what we've all been waiting for....

She wasn't sure what to do with the cupcake at first. After rubbing the icing with her hands and then smashing the whole cupcake, she decided to have a try...

Hmmmm, I think I like this stuff...

yeah, it's for sure, I like it! So much so that I think I'll just nose dive into the thing. Why waste my time using my hands???Her favorite part of opening the gifts might have been all the paper...She loves this stroller already! Just wait til she can walk!Here we are with our favorite little cupcake in the whole wide world-Emma Grace Huffman. It is so true that "Children are a gift from the Lord." As I reflect on this last year, my heart just swells with thankfulness for this incredible gift. Being a part of God's creating this little person and being with her for most moments of her first year of life has been one of the sweetest gifts I could ever imagine. She's saying "mama" now and is getting closer to walking everyday! (which is a good thing because she weighs about 24 lbs!) Thanks to all of you for loving our little cupcake along with us and most of all, thank you sweet Lord for entrusting us with this precious life!

3 comments:

kacki said...

What a great party!! I had so much fun seeing the "gang" and watching her eat her cupcake (which happens to also be my personal favorite and Andy's as well. I remember just Andy's party and even the cute little outfit he was wearing! Great memories!
I am so thankful that she has such
wonderful parents. God has not just blessed us with EG, but what a gift He has given EG.
Happy Birthday, EG.
We love you!

Mammanett said...

Happy Birthday Emma Grace!
Dan and I had a great time this morning. We were at I hop - (celebrating our big day). The family beside us had two daughters - one had turned 1 two days ago. The other girl was 2. In my mind, I inserted EG's face on the one year old and watched her for a while - this child was so happy and SO loving her food!, then I put EG's face (what I think she might look like at 2) and watched her - she had a boo boo on her toe & a cute pink bandaid. The girls had on outfits made from the same material. Little one had a one piece suit and the older girl had on a sundress. They were so precious - but not nearly as precious as our little lady and little lady/young man to be!
Loved talking to you this morning!
Miss you! Kiss the fam! (kiss EG twice). (one to grow on!)

Paul said...

EA, enjoyed the photos so much (and noticed you caught Lydia's continuing mastery of expressions)-
and thanks so much for everything!