Well, this week I fell off the Blogging Bandwagon. Sorry about that. The reason is that my hubby was studying for a test this week and needed the computer to do so as most of his articles, etc were online-and he had to write 3 papers on top of studying. So this past week I didn't see much of him or the computer. Needless to say we are ALL very glad the test is over and all the papers are handed in! We both learned a lot through the class (even though I didn't take it) It was called "the Church" or something like that and many of our dinner conversations recently have featured topics which Andy has been studying in the class. The thing is, after a full day of laundry and diapers and discipline and making dinner for my one year old who eats it in about 3 minutes and is finished and wants to get down, my brain is quite fried and I unfortunately don't have a lot left to give to the deeper issues of life. But I did engage and put on my thinking cap a few times and I learned lots from my super intelligent husband. One thing I am so thankful for is that God uses Andy to grow me in my love and knowledge of himself and his word all the time. Andy reads lots of heady books and then gives me the cliff notes-which may sound like cheating but it's not. God knew that I needed someone who can digest the deeper things and give them to me in an understandable way so that I too grow in my knowledge and love of him. Now if I could've just convinced my Business statistics professor that having that kind of help wasn't cheating then I might have graduated a business major after all. (Business stats was my hardest class in college and I didn't do so hot-thus a change in major quickly followed)
Speaking of reading-we are well on our way with our summer book-it program. We are almost finihsed with Swiss Family Robinson, though i am waiting for something bad to happen to them. I mean how can one island and their wrecked boat have every thinkable thing they could ever need for life on a deserted island? I am having a hard time finding it believable, but it's still a fun read. I was glad when their donkey ran away. HA. That's more realistic and is probably what would happen to me if I was on a deserted island.
EG has her 5th tooth and is working on Number 6!!! She and I have been outside a lot as the weather has been great lately! After Andy's test we celebrated with a 30 min bus ride to KFC. The bus ride was her favorite part until she realized what her real favorite part was-ICE CREAM! She had her first ice cream cone at KFC and loved it (read: she had about 6 tiny bites of my ice cream) That's mommy love for you-letting your slobbery child lick your ice cream!
Sorry no pics today, but now that I am back on the bandwagon there will be more to come soon!
2 comments:
I am so glad you are back! I missed catching up on "American Family Huffman" --you are a big part of my summer book-it program.
EG will have a mouthful of teth by the time she hits USA soil. Tell Andy that Kacki will have the cheese balls ready for her.
Love you all.
hey guys - i just wanted to tell you that i got your note in the mail today. thanks :).
for an update on mom/us, you can read my blog - the last couple posts are about it - www.blogofkimness.blogspot.com.
love y'all!
Post a Comment