Sunday, July 5, 2009

Come Rain or Shine


Happy Fourth of July! Hope you guys had a great day. This picture was taken after 3 of the 4 of us had changed out of our July 4th gear. We had plans to take a family photo but due to lots of spit up (thanks Jack) and a run in with some brownie mix and watermelon juice...only EG remained in her patriotic duds when this picture was taken. We had a fun day. We spent the afternoon with some friends. I didn't have it in me to do the big 4th spread so we opted for KFC and watermelon. In true American fashion, we ate so much that we weren't even hungry for dinner so skipped dinner and had a wonderful low key hanging out and putting hairbows in Daddy's hair!
The weather was less than 4th of July-ish. We are in our rainy season now so it's been kinda cool. The rainy season has been a little disappointing for me though! I am convinced that it rained EVERY DAY in July last year but Andy says that's just the way I remember it. He says it actually only rained sporadically with periods of nicer weather mixed in. So I decided I would write down the weather each day to see which one of us is actually correct. I've never been more disappointed about the lack of rain in my life! So far it seems Andy is right. If you look on the side of my blog, you'll see the weather for each day of July. In the end, we'll see who is right. If I'm right, Andy will give me an hour of kiddo watching for me to give my blog a face lift. If he's right, he wants me to give him an extra hour to study Greek. I love that nerd.
Have a great Fourth Weekend and enjoy your sunshine!

3 comments:

Mammanett said...

Come on Rain!

kacki said...

So glad you celebrated the 4th!! The parade was even bigger this year with Jay and his crew joining in---and Alex wore the "Apollo Creed/Uncle Sam" hat. We love and miss you!

Angie said...

Don't they have a Greek workshop at the Nimbus conventions?!

P.S. It rained in Mebane this morning!