Thursday, July 16, 2009

Visitors!

We had a blast hanging out with our friends Graham and Ashlei and their little boy Grady. EG thought his name was "Graven." We listen to a song that says, "My name is graven on his hands." So she thinks that someone's name is Graven. So you can imagine how excited she was to meet Graven in person! HEHE!! Funny how easily things gets confused. She also thinks Andy is going camping every time I tell her that he went to campus to teach English. Anyway...back to Graven.

Graven was super fun and both Jack and EG enjoyed spending time with him! He and Jack snatched EG's dolls when she wasn't looking! Graham gave the kiddos tails.

At one point Ashlei and I went out to get our nails painted and left Graham with three sleeping kids. EG woke up early and was a tad distressed to find Graham rather than her mom. But he handled like a pro and I came home to find her happily munching on pringles. Nothing like a snack to calm a kid down!
We had so much fun with them and the highlight was a triple date to this really neat Thai restaurant and some friendly competition playing "Dance Dance Revolution" at a nearby arcade! Guess who made us all look like amateurs? None other than Andy! His little secret is that he used to own a DDR for his PlayStation so he and his former roommate are really good at this game!
Thanks Ash and Graham for coming! We were so blessed!

4 comments:

Mammanett said...

Yea! New friends!! Sounds like fun. Good exercise that DDR!.
Love you - miss you bunches! Off to the mts.
Mom

Angie said...

You've got quite a multi-talented husband on your hands, there! I wish I had been there to see the DDR! That counts as cardio, too, you know?!

Courtney said...

I have a random question for you...
Spence and I were having takeout the other night and we were using chopsticks. I was feeding Zeke with the chopsticks a little (he loved it), but it made us wonder about how kiddos there learn to use them. It's not exactly like handing a kid a spoon like here...

Ashlei said...

You are such a clever writer. I should have copied your post and put it on my blog. We had so much fun with you guys.