Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eclipse!!!

Our world is just amazing. July is usually the rainy season here but as you can tell from my weather report, we haven't had very much rain. I am actually pretty happy about that since I have two little ones who love to get outside, even though it means I am losing the bet with Andy! Oh well. Along with really sunny weather, we've also had an earthquake and a solar eclipse! The earthquake happened a couple weeks ago and was a couple hundred miles from here. We were eating dinner and felt it and went outside just to be safe. It was scary for us after the big earthquake that happened here last year.

And yesterday we got to experience a solar eclipse! We took EG outside to see it, though I am pretty sure she didn't understand. It was a little cloudy, which made it great for looking directly at the sun. It never got totally eclipsed here but here are a couple photos of what we saw!

Mostly eclipsed:Later on: July has been an interesting month nature-wise!

1 comment:

Mammanett said...

Wonderful pictures & wonderful to see you today!