To say EG is verbal is an understatement. This girl talks all day and sometimes says the funniest things!!!
When doing something that's difficult...It's a little bit tricky maybe or It's a little bit tricky sometimes
Amazing!
CHEERS!!! ( she doesn't quite understand that "Cheers" is usually limited to using glasses. Anytime she sees someone using something she also has, she thinks it's the perfect moment for a "Cheers!" We "Cheers" with everyone and with everything! forks, umbrellas, rain boots, and cups just to name a few!
When asked how old she is "I am five...I am ooooooooold"
That was so nice of her!!
I looooove pink.
I want to do something else, Mama
I want a Huffim. (which either means I want a "Huffman Hug" or a muffin)
And her favorite....what's that mama? what's that mama?
Jackie boy likes to talk too! He says "Da Da Da" a lot but he can't get a word in with EG most of the time. He's usually too busy laughing at her "performances" and silly antics. He is starting to push up when on his belly so crawling is coming soon! AHHHH!!!
We've been driving some. Andy has done most the driving and is doing GREAT!! I am still pretty nervous, though I have gone out for two test drives. The best part about my first test drive was that Milky G came with me. Even though she's never driven a car, she gave me lots of coaching. She and I had a great time and laughed a lot. I only made it into third gear once while test driving with her. Our town is pretty much a third-gear tops kind of a town and she made me drive really slowly!! I did go out of our town the next day and made it up to 5th a few times. I rule of thumb in China is to just pull out in front of people and assume that they will stop for you...and they usually do. But I'm still way to "American" in my driving to do that! At one point I needed to enter a roundabout and just didn't have the courage to dash out in front of several cars and a cement truck so I whimped out and just went the long, safe route! As she said in Chinese, and I agree....my confidence must, "man man lai"....slowly slowly come!!!
4 comments:
How wonderful that EG is talking so much! Let's webcam this weekend so we can hear her! I LOVE this age - when everything is new and exciting. I think she has started a - from this day forward, I will not limit "cheers" to glasses. Why not? We have so much to be thankful for and often I let moments go by without expressing "cheers".
Good for you on the driving - I am so glad it is you and not me! Have you taken the kids out with you? I can't wait to hear what EG has to say about riding in a car with her MOMMY driving!! That will be so new to her. Love you, miss you!
Cheers!
(has started a new tradition) - is what I meant to say. :)
Katie used to talk all day long also----when I would suggest we have a little "quiet time" she would continue talking but then in whispers! HILARIOUS! What fun you all are having now! I cant wait to blog!
We are expecting a lot of fun this weekend---Alex and Marv are on their way to the beach and Katie will join us tomorrow. Jack and Kathy are in the "Papaw apartment" downstairs and Jay and his crew are down the street!! (All the other Huffman crew left yesterday.)
We sure wish you were here to enjoy the golf cart parade and fireworks! I am hoping I can get someone to wear the large "Uncle Sam" hat in the parade or at least to the fireworks!
Would love to visit with you on the phone, our number for you isn't working! Peyton just got here to hang out and try catching some crabs--he got 8-9 yesterday!
Gotta run and hang with him! Call us when you get a chance! We love and miss you all!
Funny that EG says she's five. Landon has decided she's six! Ever since she watched an Eloise movie and Eloise introduced herself, "I'm Eloise. I'm six!" Landon has been six, too! What a coincidence!
But, then I'll say, "You're not six!" And she'll hold up her two fingers and say, "I'm two" with an I was just kidding face on!
This is def a funny age!
Post a Comment