Friday, March 21, 2014

GRATITUDE 80 The come back kid




You know that point in the game when you're so far behind that a come back is basically impossible?  Anyone whose ever played on a losing team knows what I mean.  My basketball team in high school was once 0-20, so I know that point in the game all too well.

And at that point you have two choices:  You can give up and really get creamed or you can dig deeper and play your heart out because that's the kind of player you are.

Well, that's the point in the game we are at with my house right now.  The mess is so big and so out of control that a comeback is next to impossible. I blame spring break, kids who pee in the bed a lot, and low energy.  Whatever the reason, the game is on the verge of being totally lost.

Sad to admit it, but I am the kind of player who faces a deficit like this, gets paralyzed and makes the loss all the worse.

But my teammate happened to win the blood sweat and tears award in high school football because he's the kind of player who will. not. quit.

My man does housework with the same tenacity he brought to football.  Today I am thankful to be on his team.

I think there's gonna be a comeback.




No comments: