After my day on Saturday leaving the Wilhoits, something cathartic was in order. I called Brooke today and told her that since she dumped me, I decided to do something drastic and get all my hair cut off. I already got my nose pierced this year and I am waiting to get a tattoo until Laura comes to visit, so hair was it.
Having your closest friend move away feels just about as stinky as having your high school boyfriend dump you.
The haircut was really unrelated but I thought the sentiment fit. HEHE
Today I am thankful that Brooke and I can talk by phone (well, we are broken up but we're still talking, you see) and that I get to see her on Thursday when she comes up for an appointment and then again on Friday when I go down there to help her decorate. (Ok, so maybe we never really broke up. You know how wishy washy high school love is.)
Anyway, the hair....back to the hair. Thankful that I got my hair cut today. And that Andy really likes short hair on me. And that it's just hair. Most of all I reflected on how much freedom God has brought me over the years from worrying about what I look like. I have a long way to go but I'm miles from the prison I was locked in.... He's slowly killing my pride and healing my insecurities with his love. And that is a lot to be thankful for.
And I am thankful that our break-up only lasted 48 hours! wink wink.
No comments:
Post a Comment