I got a really kind text from my Father-in-law this week. And I've been replaying it over and over in my mind. "Good job, my child" is the essence of what he said. Why do I keep coming back to it? Why do I relish those words so much?
Andy and I have been talking recently about this deep need in us to hear our Father's say "I'm proud of you." This earthly need is tied to our deeper need to hear our heavenly Father say, "Good job, my child!!! You did it!"
But because of our deep sin, we don't do a good job. Until Christ comes and begins his transforming work in us. And we put on his "good job" and we work that out each day, striving with all that is in us to please our Father. And we strive with all that he is working in us. But still I don't do a good job. I do in Christ, but I don't in me. But the me in Christ really does please him. Oh we do. It's a mystery really how it all works together. But somehow it's true. My heavenly Father will speak a "good job, EA" over me, when I see him.
So today, by faith, I am believing that in Christ I, (me!!!) do please my heavenly Father. And that my Father-in-law's text message is just a taste of the delight my heavenly Father has in me. I want to replay his approval of me over and over in my mind today.
Thankful today:
For a wonderful Father in law who sent
A Text message that helped me see
My heavenly Father's delight in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment