Saturday, November 8, 2008

My life insurance policy

From the pictures on our blog, you might think all we do in America is play outside. Emma Grace wishes that's all we did! To her disappointment, we also ride in a car-so not fun, mom-and go to restaurants-also not a favorite past time for my little girl. But the time we spend outside is absolutely delightful! This week we walked around downtown Mebane and played at the playground nearby. We also met friends at the Burlington city park for a picnic lunch and then a dinner! Scroll down to view the pics and find out Andy's opinion of the cloth diapers!












When we are inside, she's been a big helper. Xiao Li would be proud!

We are over jet lag after 2 weeks. Andy and I had a great time last night with our dear friends, Andy and Sheryl-we went to my high school for a football game. I am pretty sure our team lost, but I was pretty busy catching up with Sheryl and not really watching the game. Andy Lynch, who is a big soccer fan, was showing my Andy "jelly car," a game on his iPhone-so my guess is he wasn't that interested in the game either. But my Andy really enjoyed it and got his high school football fix! He's planning to go to a WVU game on Dec 6th-my due date is the 10th-we'll see how that goes!
About the cloth diapers-I think I've worked out the leakage problem-definitely need to double the inserts if you use them at night. BUT-hehe-my husband is not liking them as much as I do. Being quite the servant, he let me sleep in this morning. Unfortunately for him, Emma Grace had a big poop in the cloth while I was sleeping. He came into our room to change it and I heard quite a few gasps and "Oh no's" from him when he saw what was in there. I got up and took care of it, as it doesn't really bother me. The funniest part was when he said this, "EA, if you die, I can't do cloth diapers. I am going to use your life insurance policy to buy A LOT of disposable diapers!" Glad to know he'll put that money to good use! We were both rolling! So, all that to say-I am liking the cloth but Andy doesn't love them-I definitely want to get the rice paper inserts so the poops will be a little easier to manage. (sorry for all those who aren't interested in my cloth diaper news) So Alisa and Laura-can't wait for you to start using the cloth!
We have a busy weekend-dinner with some new friends tonight and a shower tomorrow! Then we have a few days before we head to the beach. I am already starting to get really sad about leaving Emma Grace. I mean, I've been with her for about 99% of her life so it's harder on me than on her when we're apart! But it's gonna be a blast and she'll have a great time with my parents!









2 comments:

laura said...

hilarious. but a bit of a bummer that the cloth diapers were not "love at first sight".

we love cruising over to your blog to see the new EG photos - my girls love them!

Ben of BenandJacq said...

Are you guys coming through Asheville at all while you are in the states? If so, give me a shout! I'd love to see you guys!

Ben Meredith