And it feels so good! We are back from the beach and reunited with our baby girl! We had a great time on our anniversary trip but I missed Emma Grace just a tad. She did much better than I did with the separation! Andy said, regarding how I did leaving
EG for 3 nights, on a scale of 1-10 I landed at about a 2. WHATEVER! The fact that I left her for 3 days and didn't come home early should land me at a
minimum of 6! I won't tell you how much I called to check on her but I will say I had a great excuse. I left her battling the same cold I had and mine got worse while we were away-so that made me concerned for her.
Thankfully hers seemed to get better while we were gone, though I'm still battling a serious cold that started in my head, moved to my lungs and is now back in my sinuses. No fun!
Ok, back the anniversary-I was determined to take a few pictures on our trip. If you saw our honeymoon pictures, you'd think I went to Paris by myself and had random strangers take a few photos of me along the way. We took very few photos before EG was born and most of them are dorky pics of one of us standing in front of something. Next time I'm on my computer, I'll post one of these dorky pictures from our honeymoon. Anyway, so I decided that I need to start documenting things in our lives other than our children-like, um, the reason we have kids in the first place-our marriage! So here are a couple, boring, I know, pictures from our fun anniversary trip.




Thanks Tim and Kathi for letting us stay at your beach house. It was awesome! We swam in the pool, walked on the beach, enjoyed a 30 dollar trip to the movies (that was for an afternoon movie, popcorn and 2 drinks-America has really gone off the deep end) and made a yummy dinner one night! Andy and I realized that we often end up
choosing marriage themed entertainment for these occasions, though not on purpose. On our honeymoon, we read the book, The Wedding, and this time around we spent 30 dollars to see Fireproof. The acting wasn't great but the message of the movie was really encouraging. We recommend it! It was so refreshing to see a movie that encourages us toward Christ and pursuing his plan for our marriage rather than pulling our hearts toward worldliness!
We really enjoyed the time away-it was a great chance to relax, spend time together and gear up emotionally for the big change that's coming our way in a few weeks! I slept in all three days-til about 8:00 am-what's wrong with me? Why can't I really sleep in anymore? We were glad to get back and see the Bean. She had a lot of fun while we were away. Check back for a picture of the "soup" Papa Dan gave her for lunch one day. She learned several new words while we were gone, including "toothpaste."
Andy had to hit the road just a few hours after we got back so now it's just me and EG hanging out with my family. All in all, a great time! Here's to taking pictures of something other than my child!
No comments:
Post a Comment